Class Participation, Homework, Classwork: 25%
- Coming to class ON TIME and with the appropriate tools for learning EVERYDAY will be a large percentage of this grade. Being attentive in class and during all class activities will affect the grade. NO CELL PHONES or HEADPHONES.
- There will be assignments given at the teacher’s discretion.
- If a student is absent, he or she is responsible for making up any missed material for the day. A 0 will be placed in the grade book until the work is made up. All missing work will be due no later than three days after the day the student missed.
- Given at teacher’s discretion and will be announced.
- Quizzes will consist of multiple choice and/or open-response questions. Quizzes can also be in-class projects or assignments.
- If absent, it is the student’s responsibility to make up the quiz within three days.
- Assessments are given at the end of each chapter containing both multiple choice and open-response questions. All tests will be announced at least two days in advance.
- If absent, it is the student’s responsibility to make up the test within three days.
Performance Tasks/Projects: 25%
- Each theme will have a corresponding Performance Task. This Performance Task can be a two-three page argumentative paper or a project that demonstrates your understanding of the content.
- Tasks will be assigned at the beginning of each theme with a mandatory due date.
- Failure to turn in a Performance Task on the assigned due date will result in an automatic deduction of 10 points per day. NO Performance Task will be accepted after the third late day.
Midterm/Final Exam: 25%
- At the end of the second and fourth quarter, you will be given an exam to determine your knowledge of the content.
- You will be given a review and multiple days’ notice before the testing day. It will contain both multiple choice and open-response questions.
- If absent for the exam day, the student is responsible for making up the exam on the scheduled make-up day!