* Kindergarten doesn't receive a letter grade but I expect them to follow the expectations as well so they can be successful in 1st grade. *
1st Grade students are graded using a letter system: S, I, N, and U.
Please check Skyward consistently if you would like to know how your student is doing. I will change student grades if they are not following my expectations!
- Active participation in all classroom activities.
- Follow classroom rules and instructions.
- Maintains focus and does not distract others.
- SING! This is music class and singing is required.
4th through 6th Grade
Students are given a number grade based on several factors:
25% Class Activities
25% Classroom Conduct
Music is a performing art! Therefore the most important aspect of this class is for each student to participate in activities to the best of their ability. I also expect my students to be on their best behavior. In a group environment it is imperative that students are doing their absolute best because their actions affect other students' learning.