About Our ClassWelcome to Second Grade! My name is Mrs. Careyva. This is going to be an exciting year for your child. A little information about our class:- We have 25 students in our classroom.
· The class has Gym on Monday, so each student should wear appropriate clothing and sneakers on that day. Sweatpants are allowed on Gym days only."Paws" ativity Cards/ Behaviornd b
This is our classroom behavior plan. Each student can earn "Paw" prints throughout the day for good behavior. "Paw" some activity days will be planned as a reward for students that receive "Paw" prints.•Please reinforce the importance of good behavior in school.
listens/ quieta friend
works hard* students will move their paw during the day for NOT following the rules. Infractions will be given when a paw is moved. Paws are reset each morning.1 paw move- 1/2 an infraction2 paw moves- 1 infractionInfractions will keep students from participating in the monthly incentives and participating in the field trip.Please look at the Homework Log each night for infractions in the comment section.Homework. Homework is located in the Wildcat folder and must be returned the next day.- Homework Log is located in the Reading Binder...students write homework daily on their Homework Log.
· Any money must be sent in an envelope marked with your child's first and last name.
· Students will need a clear backpack to carry their papers and projects home.
- If you child misses school, please send a handwritten note to school when he/she returns.
· Snack time is around 11:00 am each day. Please send healthy snacks, which can be finished in about 10-15 minutes. You may also send a small drink with your child, such as juice or water in a plastic container. Snack is not provided.
· If you plan to pick up a child that normally rides the bus you must send a written note. Please do not rely on your child to tell me this information. If there is not a note, the child will be sent home on the bus.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to working with your child and helping them achieve their greatest potential. Together we can make a difference in your child’s success.Sincerely,Mrs. Careyva