In the K-2 Classroom, students are evaluated on several levels through teacher observation and classroom participation. Each child is expected to follow classroom rules and procedures, participate in all activies, and follow the Pride Program. Students earn star points towards a star of the quarter and a satisfactory grade on their report cards. Students in the Kindergarten classes do not receive grades, however they are expected to follow all classroom rules and procedures.
1. FOLLOW THE PRIDE PROGRAM AT ALL TIMES
2. WHEN ENTERING THE MUSIC ROOM, GO IMEDIATELYTO YOUR ASSIGNED SEAT AND WAIT FOR INSTRUCTIONS
3. RAISE YOUR HAND TO SPEAK AND WAIT TO BE CALLED ON. DO NOT CALL OUT. GIVE OTHERS A CHANCE TO ANSWER
4. BE CAREFULL WHEN USING SCHOOL INSTRUMENTS
5. TRY EVERY ACTIVITY
6. TAKE TURNS AND SHARE SPACE
7. ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE TEACHER
-Students will receive grades on their report cards according to a set of rubrics. The grading system for grades 1 and 2 are as follows: S - Satisfactory (A); I - Improvement (B -C); N - Needs Improvement (C-D) or U - Unsatisfactory (F). Parents will receive a set of rubrics (or criteria) that oulines the expected behaviors in the music room. The rubric chart is also on line. (Look for the heading "Rubrics Grade 1 & 2).