Mrs. CanzlerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 459-3221 ext. 26500Homeroom: 6CSubject: MathematicsWelcome Back!
Dear Parents and Students,
It has been a crazy two weeks for all of us as we deal with the effects covid-19 has had on our community and home life. I hope all of you have found some time in your day to work on your math skills following your individualized learning path in Imagine Math, Prodigy, Khan Academy, or just working through some of the exercises from our text. Although we can't be physically together, we are getting back to work virtually! School from the comfort of your home while you relax in your pj's. All kidding aside, I miss all of you and I'm excited for the opportunity to continue our learning adventure.
SMILE, IT'S TIME FOR MATH CLASS
Starting on Monday, March 30, I will begin posting a daily assignment on my webpage for each of my sections. We are going to focus on review and enrichment. You can e-mail me using my school e-mail (between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm) with any questions you might have and I will get back to you as quickly as possible. For any assignments in the text, answers will be posted the next day so you can check your work. For Imagine Math assignments, I can follow your work in the feed and will send you comments as needed. As for Prodigy, I will not be able to message you directly, but I can track your usage and growth both by individual topics and domains and will make adjustments to your instruction as needed. Finally, I am going to ask all of you to follow the instructions below to join your class in Khan Academy. Once joined, you will find content assigned to you that will spiral through instruction, exercises, and assessment to guide a deeper understanding and development of your math skills. Our focus will be review and enrichment! So get the word out.....it's time to get back to learning.
Instructions for joining your class in Khan Academy
1. GO to khanacademy.org/join
2. Enter you class code and press "Add" Here are the codes for each section - 6C - 2BUHA897, 6MY - WPS7XZZT,
6MA - 74MGDUDS, 6G - 28ZFQJAJ
3. If you don't already have an account, press "Create a new account". Enter your date of birth then sign up by creating a user name (please use the first 3 letters of your name and the first initial of your last name so I can identify you - anything you add after that is up to you). If you have an existing account please link that account to your class using the class codes listed above.
4. Enter your grade and course (6th grade Mathematics/Arithmetic) and watch for your daily assignments.
5. All of your daily assignments will be posted under the assignment tab on my website. Remember, you can always do more to help yourself!
See you on the Net!