Honors American Studies I
In this course students will study pre-colonization, creation of a new nations, creating the American Republic, Government and the new Republic, expansion and reforms in the Republic.
Quizzes, Tests/ Projects (25%)
- Quizzes will be given during the chapter. They count as 10% of this grade.
- Surprise open notebook quizzes will be given periodically so it is important to take the notes.
- Tests will be given after every chapter.
- We will review for all tests.
- Projects will be given throughout the course. Rubrics will be provided.
- Tests and projects will count as 15% of this grade.
Performance Tasks/Assignments (25%)
- A performance task is any learning activity or assessment that asks students to perform to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and proficiency. Performance tasks yield a tangible product and/or performance that serve as evidence of learning.
- Performance tasks will be assigned throughout the course.
- Assignments will be given throughout the entire course.
- Comprehensive mid-term
- Comprehensive final
- Participation does not necessarily mean how many time you raise your hand in class it also includes coming to class on time, prepared with book, notebook, and pen/pencil.
- It also includes behavior.
- It will also include assignments done in class as well as homework.
- Be Respectful
To yourself, the teacher and your classmates
No inappropriate language
- Be Responsible
Bring all materials to class
Complete assignments on time
Apologize when you need to
Always try your best
Always ask for help
Take pride in your work
- Verbal Warning
- Conference with Student
- Parental Contact
- Referral to Vice-Principal
Absences will occur. It is YOUR responsibility to find out what you missed. I will post assignments online every week. Work will be posted in the Schoology course. You are responsible to make up the work you missed.
The school district policy states, “The use of electronic devices, cell phones and any and all types of music listening devices in particular, is prohibited between 7:15 a.m. and 2:40 p.m. Any device, either SEEN or HEARD, will be confiscated and taken to the grade level office.” Therefore, to prevent this from happening, cell phones will be collected prior to the start of class and stored in a secured area provided by the teacher. They will be returned at the end of class. If you do not turn in your cell phone and it seen in class, it will be taken and given to the grade level office.
Schoology is where you will find our online course. All notes, assignments, projects, quizzes and tests will be online. The website is schoology.com and the access code is: J56P9-CGF7M