Week of: June 1 - June 5, 2020
Teachers Name/ Subject: Ms. Marchese / Science and Social Studies
Teacher’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students, with the support of parents, should complete all of the listed assignments on each of their teacher’s website, weekly. My assignments are listed below. When you complete the assignments on my page, you will click the link at the bottom of this page to go to your next teacher's page. Take your time and complete the assignments at your own pace. Establish a daily routine. If you have a question about any assignment, my email is listed above.
Hey my guys! Just a heads up: this is the last week of school. All work needs to be completed and submitted by Friday. And YES, MY work is mandatory. Not just Math and Reading work. I hope you've had a wonderful time in third grade with me, and your friends, and other teachers. We all missed you so much over these last two months. We cannot wait to see you all again in person! Until then, stay safe. HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER!!
Always remember: I'm here for you at any time you may need me. You know you can reach me on our Class Dojo or through my email listed above. Please do not hesitate to reach out, even if it is just because you want to say hello. I have listed below everything that we'll be doing this week. If you have any questions or need help, please reach out. I'm here to help you. I know our video lessons won't be the same as if we were in the classroom. I know you're all disappointed to not hear me sing Demi Lovato or Taylor Swift in the middle of class.
A quick run down for this week:
- In the video below, I review Chapter 1: Parts of Plants - Lesson 1: How Do Plants Use Their Parts? (And lesson 2 and lesson 3).
- In your assignments below, you will see an attachment for the document of the lesson that I reviewed during the video. Everything will be highlighted as it was when I went through the document with you in the video.
- There is also a label a plant worksheet *** There is a Lima Bean observation worksheet attached, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO IT.
- There is also a plant wordsearch.
- In case my voice wasn't enough for you to understand the lesson, I have also attached a video that explain more about parts of plants.
- June Calendar - Please fill out your calendar for the days of the week.
Learning Objectives for the week:
Chapter 1 - Parts of Plants - Lesson 1: How Do Plants Use Their Parts?
- Identify living and nonlivingn components of an ecosystem
- Describe interactions of living and nonliving things
- Identify and describe the basic needs of plants
- Identify the roots, stems, and leaves of plants and explain the function of each
Standard – S3.B.1 – Structure and function of organism
- S3.B.1.1 – identify and describe the similarities and differences of living things and their life processes
- B.1.1.1 – identify and describe the functions of basic structures of animals and plants (animals – skeleton, heart, lungs; plants – root, stem, leaves)
- B.1.1.2 – Classify living things based on their similarities and differences
- B.1.1.3 – describe the basic needs of plants and animals and their dependence on light, food, air, water, and shelter
- B.1.1.4 – describe how plants and animals go through life cycles
View Lesson Here:
Hey guys - click the link below to watch our lesson. I will apologize, I talk VERY fast, but I promise, everything I say, will be in documents below!
Log into Imagine Learning/Reading:
You must complete at least 40 minutes per week
To access Imagine Learning you must use Google Chrome browser. Click on the Chrome icon to download Google Chrome and then return to THIS PAGE and click on the Clever icon to begin your Imagine Learning Lesson.
Check out the Resources page on my website!
Next Teacher’s Assignments:
Students, click the link at the bottom of the page to move on to the next teacher assignments.