Lessons will be posted weekly. You may complete the lessons at any time throughout the week.
Subject: Physical Education
Class Period(s): 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th pd, 8th
Teacher Message: This week I would like you go to the Edgenuity site and work on the following lessons:
1. Exploring Activities for Cardiorespiratory Fitness
2. Muscular Strength and Endurance
3. Also, please complete the fitness log, focusing on doing 60 minutes of activity per week (you can do 3 days of 20 minutes each, 4 days of 15 minutes each, or whatever works for you). See the links below (under additional resources) for information on Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Muscular Strength, and Flexibility. Also, I will post some fitness links you can use for your activity if you choose.
1. Compare multiple aerobic activities for their ability to promote cardiorespiratory fitness
2. Determine safety considerations when performing aerobic activities
3. Recognize exercise considerations for those with special needs
4. Differentiate between muscular strength and muscular endurance
5. Explain how muscular strength and endurance contribute to good health and fitness
6. Describe how muscles work and grow
7. Complete 60 minutes of physical activity this week.
10.4.6 Physical Activity - Identify and engage in moderate to vigorous physical activities that contribute to physical fitness and health.
PDN: Think about 3 positive things you have discovered about yourself during the past 2 months.
Click on the Edgenuity logo or Edgenuity Student Login link below to login and access the lessons for this week.
Independent Practice and Additional Resources:
What is Cardiorespiratory Fitness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yXaIsVfwzo
Cardiorespiratory Workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50kH47ZztHs
Strength Workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06msLl_wMtM
Flexibility Workout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeNwE4VXqgs
Assignments and Assessments: See above
Quick Access Student Login Links: (Click on the logo and sign in)