New and Re-enrollment Student Registration ProcessFor ALL student registrations or students re-entering the district, the Parent or Legal Guardian MUST first pre-register online. Please read the following two options and choose the appropriate option that applies to you.
Option 1:If the parent/legal guardian currently has other students enrolled in any HASD school, then the parent/legal guardian MUST complete the pre-registration process via the Family Access Portal. If you do not have your login name or password, please contact the HASD school in which your other student is enrolled and they will provide the necessary information. This information cannot be provided over the phone; it must be mailed to the student’s address or picked up in person (picture ID is required for pickups).Option 2:If the parent/legal guardian does not have any other students enrolled in any HASD school, then click the link below to begin the process.Once the Parents/Legal Guardians have completed their online registration through either option 1 or option 2 you will recieve an e-mail from the Hazleton Area School District.
Below is the REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION needed for registration -- NO EXCEPTIONS:
- Parent or Legal Guardian's Photo ID
- Proof of Child’s Age
- Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Notarized Copy of the Record of Baptism or duly certified copy showing the date of birth, Notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth, Prior School Record indicating the date of birth, Valid Passport
- Student Immunization Record
- Three (3) different current (within 3 months) proofs of address
- Internal Revenue Statement, W2 Form, Voter Registration Card, Property Deed, Property Tax Bill, Lease, Driver's License, State ID Card, Insurance Statement, Vehicle Registration, Current Pay Stub, Bank Statement, Billing Statement, Utility Statement, Cable Statement, Multiple Occupancy Notarized Letter signed by both parties (if applicable) - Envelopes, promotional mail, shipping labels and post office change of address forms will not be accepted as a proof of address.
- Parent Registration Statement
- A sworn statement attesting to whether the student has been or is suspended or expelled for offenses involving drugs, alcohol, weapons, infliction of injury or violence on school property must be provided for a student to be admitted to any school entity (24 P.S. § 13-1304-A). A school district may not deny or delay a child’s school enrollment based on the information contained in a disciplinary record or sworn statement.
- However, if a student is currently expelled for a weapons offense, the school district can provide the student with alternative education services during the period of expulsion (24 P.S. § 13-1317.2(e.1)). If the disciplinary record or sworn statement indicates the student has been expelled from a school district in which he was previously enrolled, for reasons other than a weapons offense, it is recommended the school district review the student's prior performance and school record to determine the services and supports to be provided upon enrollment in the district.
- Home Language Survey
- All students seeking first time enrollment in a school shall be given a home language survey in according with requirements of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. Enrollment of the student may not be delayed in order to administer the Home Language Survey.
The following optional documentation should be provided (if applicable):
- Custodial agreements/court orders/guardianship papers/etc.
- IEP (Individualized Educational Plan)
- 504 Plan
- Most recent report card/transcript
Questions may be directed to the registration department of the HASD at 570-459-3111extensions 3153 or 3281.