• New and Re-enrollment Student Registration Process

    Parent or Legal Guardian MUST complete the 6-step online registration process.  Please read the following two (2) options and choose the appropriate option that applies to you.
    **Note: Due to the high volume of registrations currently being submitted, it may take up to 5 business days to process new applications.
    ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST be scanned in your online application before you "submit".  Once you submit, if you are missing any documents, you CANNOT go back to edit or re-scan information. 

    Option 1: 

    If the parent/legal guardian currently has other students enrolled in any HASD school, then the parent/legal guardian MUST complete the pre-registration process via the Family Access Portal.  If you do not have your login name or password, please contact the HASD school in which your other student is enrolled and they will provide the necessary information.  This information cannot be provided over the phone; it must be mailed to the student’s address or picked up in person (picture ID is required for pickups). 
    Option 2:
    If the parent/legal guardian does not have any other students enrolled in any HASD school, then click the link below to begin the process.
    Once the Parents/Legal Guardians have completed their online registration through either option 1 or option 2 you will recieve an e-mail from the Hazleton Area School District.

    REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION needed for registration:

    1. Parent or Legal Guardian's Photo ID
    2. Proof of Child’s Age for All Students Enrolling
      • Examples:
        • Birth Certificate
        • Baptismal Certificate
        • Notarized Copy of the Record of Baptism or duly certified copy showing the date of birth
        • Notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth
        • Prior school records indicating the date of birth
        • Valid Passport
    3. Kindergarten Students must be 5 years old on or before August 31.
    4. Student Immunization Record
    5. Three (3) different proofs of address
      • Examples:
        • Internal Revenue Statement
        • W2 Form
        • State ID Card
        • Voter Registration Card
        • Property Tax Bill
        • Insurance Statement
        • Property Deed
        • Driver's License
        • Vehicle Registration
        • Lease
      • The following proofs must be current (within 3 months)
        • Billing Statement
        • Current Pay Stub
        • Utility Statement
        • Bank Statement
        • Cable Statement
      • If applicable the following forms will apply: 
            • Multiple Occupancy Notarized Letter signed by both parties (if applicable) 
            • Custodial agreements/court orders/guardianship papers/etc. (if applicable)


    6. Parent Registration Statement (Act 26 Form)
      • A sworn statement attesting to whether the student has been or is suspended or expelled for offenses involving drugs, alcohol, weapons, infliction of injury or violence on school property must be provided for a student to be admitted to any school entity (24 P.S. § 13-1304-A). A school district may not deny or delay a child’s school enrollment based on the information contained in a disciplinary record or sworn statement.
      • However, if a student is currently expelled for a weapons offense, the school district can provide the student with alternative education services during the period of expulsion (24 P.S. § 13-1317.2(e.1)). If the disciplinary record or sworn statement indicates the student has been expelled from a school district in which he was previously enrolled, for reasons other than a weapons offense, it is recommended the school district review the student's prior performance and school record to determine the services and supports to be provided upon enrollment in the district.
    7. Home Language Survey
      • All students seeking first time enrollment in a school shall be given a home language survey in according with requirements of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. Enrollment of the student may not be delayed in order to administer the Home Language Survey.

    The following optional documentation should be provided (if applicable):

    • Custodial agreements/court orders/guardianship papers/etc.
    • IEP (Individualized Educational Plan)
    • 504 Plan
    • Most recent report card/transcript
                                                        Students CANNOT be registered without ALL Required Documents


    Questions may be directed to the HASD Registration Department at 570-459-3111extensions 3153 or 3281.