Students Rights and Responsibilities
1. I have the RIGHT to learn and grow.
It is my responsibility to listen to instructions, work quietly, raise my hand if I have a question or concern and to complete assignments. I will cooperate, participate and do the best I can do.
2. I have the RIGHT to hear and be heard.
It is my responsibility not to talk, shout or make loud noises when others are speaking.
It is my responsibility not to tease or bother other people or to hurt their feelings. I must show respect and consideration for others and their ideas.
3. I have the RIGHT to be respected as an individual.
4. I have the RIGHT to privacy and to my own personal space.
I have the responsibility to respect the personal property of others and to accept their right to privacy.
5. I have the RIGHT to enjoy my education and the school I am attending.
I have the responsibility to have a good attitude and to participate in a way which
helps our school be a place where others can enjoy school too.
As a 5th Grade student of Heights Terrace Elementary-Middle School, I am responsible for my own learning and my own actions.