Lessons will be posted weekly. You may complete the lessons at any time throughout the week.
Subject: 7 Grade ELA
Class Period(s): 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 8th
Week of May 4th, 2020
1. Familiarize yourself with logging in and navigating the Edgenuity program
2. Watch the Edgenuity training vidoes.
3. Learn to use capitals, commas, and other connecting punctuation effectively.
Demonstrate a grade-appropriate command of the conventions of standard English grammar, usage, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
Study Island Anchors
E07.D.1.2.1 Use a comma to separate coordinate adjectives
E07.D.1.2.3 Use punctuation (commas, parenthesis, and dashes) to set of nonrestrictive/parenthetical elements.
E07.D.1.2.4 Use punctuation to separate items in a series.
E07.D.2.1.4 Choose punctuation for effect.
E07.D.1.2.2 Spell correctly.
IXL Learning - Log into your IXL account and complete some practice questions in the following topics:
Click on the Edgenuity logo or Edgenuity Student Login link below to login and access the lessons for this week.
Independent Practice and Additional Resources:
1. Watch the Language Arts Videos below for a review of the skills.
2. Study Island: Under My Class
Complete the Practice for Week of May 4th Capitalization and Punctuation
Capitalization Rules Comma Rules
Classroom Language Arts Video Engish Writing Lesson
Assignments and Assessments:
1. Edgenuity: Capitals and Commas Assessment
2. Study Island: Assessment Week of May 4th Capitalization and Punctuation
Quick Access Student Login Links: (Click on the logo and sign in)