Mr. BoettgerEmail: email@example.com
Phone: (570) 459-3221Grade (s): 10-12th HACCSubject (s): Health/Wellness
Please sign up for the remind classes. Check you student messages on skyward for the codes.
Starting May 4th we will be moving to a program called EDGENUITY. It is an online educational platform. I will enroll you in our class on this program and you will 13.5 hours of work to complete for the remainder of the school year. If at anytime you have a question feel free to email me. This is going to be new for you AND myself!! You will just need to take a deep breath and relax. Do not get frustrated if you come across an issue!! Just email me and we will work through it!!!
- The week of May 4, 2020 will be “make-up” week for quarter 3 grades.
- Students will have an opportunity to make up any work that is necessary that may increase their quarter grade and overall grade. This includes the Illegal Drug Project. I want to give everyone the credit for completeing the assignment. It will increase your 3rd quarter grade. However, If you are satisfied with you 3rd quarter grade there is no need to email me the project. If you did a poster you can take a picture of it and send it as an attachment. Just make sure your name is visible on the poster.
- The week of May 11, 2020, we will launch full instruction for all students on a “satisfactory/unsatisfactory” level.
- 0 – 50% participation will be considered unsatisfactory.
- 51 – 100% participation will be satisfactory.
- Quarters 1 through 3 will be used to calculate a student’s GPA. Quarter 4 will only count toward credits and not GPA.
- Participation levels will be used to address the 4th quarter grading system.
Here are some things to help you get started through the Edgenuity program:
- Log in access will be sent to all students this week.
- For best access, use either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for this program. DO NOT use Internet Explorer.
- Once you are able to log in...On your dashboard, you will see tiles (courses) you’re enrolled in.
- Must complete a student training course and required to watch 2 orientation videos.
- There is no jumping around. Will need to let video play out, no fast forwarding.
- You may add notes within the program, however I would suggest you to write out your notes because then you will be able to use them for assessments. By taking notes the old fashioned way, it will also help with retaining the material.
- There is a glossary you may find beneficial to use for vocabulary found within the material.
- There is a feature that will allow you to change the language as well as the transcript feature that will provide you with a written dialogue of what the teacher is saying. So if you would rather not listen, but read instead, this is a nice asset for you to utilize.
- If there is a slide that doesn’t include a teacher speaking, you can highlight the wording and have it read aloud to you.
- Teachers will have “office hours” Monday-Thursdays from 1:00-2:00pm. This means, you can reach out to your teachers during this time and receive an immediate response. However, if you have a question outside of this time frame, please don’t hesitate to contact us anyway.
- There is an email feature within the program that teachers will be using to reach all students either individually or by class.
- Your grades will be transferred to skyward upon completion of assessments. Therefore, to view your current and accurate grades, please see them in skyward.