Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (570) 459-3221 ext. 81121Grade: 9 - 12Enrichment/Educational Resources Integrated 9
The Hazleton Area School District plans to launch live online learning on MONDAY, MAY 4TH.The Edgenuity program will be used for students and teachers as a new educational platform during this time.
- The week of May 4, 2020 will be “make-up” week for quarter 3 grades.
- Students will have an opportunity to complete an online lesson in order to earn some extra credit for Quarter 3. This is optional, for any student who wishes to increase their report card grade. Two bonus points will be rewarded for your participation this week. I will also use your online test grade if it boosts your Q3 average!
- The week of May 11, 2020, we will launch full instruction for all students on a “satisfactory/unsatisfactory” level. Participation in this material is MANDATORY to receive credit for the course and move on to the next level.
- 0 – 50% participation will be considered unsatisfactory.
- 51 – 100% participation will be satisfactory.
- Quarters 1 through 3 will be used to calculate a student’s GPA. Quarter 4 will only count toward credits and not GPA.
- Participation levels will be used to address the 4th quarter grading system.
To access Edgenuity, click link: https://auth.edgenuity.com/Login/Login/Student
Here are some things to help you get started through the Edgenuity program:
-Log in access will be sent to all students this week.
-For most students, your login info is the same as what you have been using at school. If your last name is 3 or 4 letters long, you will need to use a space between last name and first...ex: soto mic000
-For best access, use either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for this program. DO NOT use Internet Explorer.
-Once you are able to log in...On your dashboard, you will see tiles (courses) you’re enrolled in.
-Must complete a student training course and required to watch 2 orientation videos.
-There is no jumping around. Will need to let video play out, no fast forwarding.
-You may add notes within the program, however I would suggest you to write out your notes because then you will be able to use them for assessments. By taking notes the old fashioned way, it will also help with retaining the material.
-There is a glossary you may find beneficial to use for vocabulary found within the material.
-There is a feature that will allow you to change the language as well as the transcript feature that will provide you with a written dialogue of what the teacher is saying. So if you would rather not listen, but read instead, this is a nice asset for you to utilize.
-If there is a slide that doesn’t include a teacher speaking, you can highlight the wording and have it read aloud to you.
-Teachers will have “office hours” Monday-Thursdays from 1:00-2:00pm. This means you can reach out to your teachers during this time and receive an immediate response via email. However, if you have any questions outside of this time frame, please don’t hesitate to contact us anyway.
-There is an email feature within the program that teachers will be using to reach all students either individually or by class. You can use this email through Edgenuity OR you can use email@example.com. Both messaging systems will be checked regularly.
-Your grades will be transferred to skyward upon completion of assessments. Therefore, to view your current and accurate grades, please see them in skyward.
I hope you are all doing well during this time. Please know that if you have any questions or concerns at any time, you may reach out to me via email. I will try my best to help you in any way possible. This program is new to most of our teachers too, so don't get frustrated. We will get through this together and do the best we can. I hope you learned a lot from my substitute while I was out on maternity leave. I am saddened by the fact that I never got to meet each and every one of you in person, but am optimistic that we can learn a lot about eachother virtually. Stay safe, enjoy your time home, and hopefully "normalcy" returns soon!
Mrs. Judge"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.""Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.""A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.""Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas. "- Albert Einstein