Greetings and salutations! Hello! I hope all of you are doing well and following the state and federal recommendations of social distancing to prevent the spreading of COVID-19. On this page you will find educational enrichment activities while you are at home. Upon direction of our Superintendent, additional weekly assignments will be posted on Sunday's.
What I know for sure, we are:
- not required to take attendance
- not required to grade any work.
On that note, it is my hope that if you are able to access the Internet, that you will take this opportunity to challenge yourself and learn something new.
- The website address is: https://everfi.com/.
- Simply click the Student/Teacher log in
- Use your username and password as you would at HAHS
- You have the ability to select or change the Language
- Note: I am able to monitor your progress remotely.
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s learning to dance in the rain.” Therefore, I hope you take this time to challenge yourself and learn something new. Please feel free to contact me on the school district email: email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you! Take care and be safe. =D
The timetable listed below outlines the lessons and activities for Personal Financial Literacy.
The week of May 4- May 8th students will be able to improve their quarter 3 grade by completing the five modules in EVERFI. Upon successful completion of each module 2-points will be added to their quarter 3 grade. Beginning May 11 - June 5th students will be utilizing the EDGENUITY website to conclude instruction for Personal Financial Literacy. Once again, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me through the school district email: STARRICKE@HASDK12.ORG.
March 30 – April 3
- What is interest? How is interest different from compound interest?
- Why is it important for young people to start saving as early as possible given the principles of interest?
- What is the purpose of a budget?
- How can people make sure their budgets remain balanced?
2 April 6 - April 10 2
1. What are the different types of banking institutions?
2. How is a checking account different than a savings account?
3. How can you monitor your checking account balance and what are the risks of spending more money than you have?
April 13 - April 17 3 Payment Types
1. What is credit, and how can it be useful to consumers?
2. What features of a credit card do you need to research when considering a credit card?
3. How can people make sure they are using credit cards responsibly?
4. What is the difference between a debit card and a credit card?
4 April 20 - April 24 4
- What information goes into a credit score, and what information does not?
- Why would you what a good credit score? How are credit scores used?
- What can you do to help make your credit score strong?
- What can you do if you have a low credit score, to help increase it?
5 April 27- May 1 5 Higher Education
- List your top and bottom career choice from the gallery walk and explain why.
- What other career would you like to find more information on?
6 May 4 - May 8 1 - 5 Make Up Work Any student looking to improve their grade for quarter 3 can utilize Everfi website and complete modules 1-5. Two (2) points will be allotted for each module that is completed successfully. That is a total of ten additional points that will be added to your quarter 3 grade. Note: Grading: A score of 70 or higher 2 points; 50-70 = 1point per module. All work will be due by Friday, May 8, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact me via HAHS email: STARRICKE@HASDK12.ORG. 7 May 11 - May 15 Edgenuity
Financial responsibility & Budgeting
1-Hour & 19-Minutes 8 May 18 - May 22 Edgenuity Relating Income & Careers 4-Hours & 40-Minutes 9 May 25 - May 29 Edgenuity Managing Money 4-Hours 10 June 1 - June 5 Edgenuity Credit & Debit 7-Hours & 31-Minutes
*Note: Everfi: Each activity take approximately 90 minutes and 30 minutes of homework. You are encouraged to re-take the test at the end of each module as often as you would like or until you receive a passing grade of 70 or better.
**Note: EDGENUITY: Website can be accessed at: edgenuity.com. Any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via school email: firstname.lastname@example.org.