The Hazleton Area High School Commencement Ceremony will take place on Friday, June 9th at 6:00 p.m. on the Hazleton Area High School Campus.
- Saturday, June 10 - -Class of 2023 Commencement Rain Date #1-10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, June 11 – Class of 2023 Commencement Rain Date #2 –1:00p.m. (FINAL RAIN DATE)
Important Upcoming Dates:
Thursday, June 8th
8:30 am –DISTINGUISHED GRADUATE CEREMONY PRACTICE - Hazleton Area High School Auditorium
- 10:00 am – CLASS OF 2023 COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY PRACTICE - Hazleton Are High School Gymnasium (***This is a Mandatory Meeting***) - The Entire Senior Class (HAHS, HACC, HAAS, HAAH, HACA) MUST attend. - Students must enter through the Natatorium Doors
***All Seniors MUST return LAPTOPS before the Commencement Ceremony. Your diploma will be withheld if your laptop is not returned***
2023 HAHS Commencement Ceremony Safety Procedures
We ask all attending this year's Commencement Ceremony to please adhere to the procedures listed. We implement these procedures for the safety of all involved. We thank you for your cooperation.
- Gates will not open until 4:00 pm.
- Every person entering the ceremony area will pass through a safety checkpoint.
- Bag Policy will be in place. Bring in as few items as possible as all bags will be searched. Bag Policy may be found on the HASD Webpage.
- Diaper bags will be allowed for guests with infants and small children but will be searched.
- Guests will be allowed to bring drinks and small food items.
- There will be a baby stroller parking area outside the fence. Strollers will not be permitted within the fenced area.
- We ask that once individuals have entered through the fence, they remain until the ceremony has concluded. Otherwise, passage through the safety checkpoint once again will be mandatory.
- Handicap parking will be available. Members of security directing traffic will assist with the specific locations.
- Guests needing handicap parking are advised to arrive as early as possible as handicap parking is limited.
- Vaping and tobacco products are prohibited on school grounds.
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted on school property.
- No weapons of any kind, including pocketknives.
Class of 2023 Distinguished Graduate and Commencement Ceremony Practice Schedule
HAHS Alma Mater
Stand together one and all
Pride and honor heed our call
Silver-crimson colors raise
Our Alma Mater praise
Loyal friendships can be found
Rich traditions will abound
Raise our voices loud and clear
for Alma Mater Dear.Hazleton Area High SchoolMission StatementThrough a dynamic partnership of educators, learners, and community members, Hazleton Area High School students will develop the skills necessary to become life-long learners in a culturally diverse community.Individuals will be challenged to develop self-responsibility and to reach their highest potential in a safe and supportive environment using technology in a comprehensive curriculum.