Future Business Leaders of America
Hazleton Area Chapter
Region 16 Advisor - Ms. Parise
School Year: 2019-2020
- Advisor will recruit members, collect names and collect dues from interested students. Funds will be deposited in the Activity account. Membership drive will occur in September.
- Advisor will conduct fundraising activities to help with the cost of dues, t-shirts, annual banquet and other school and community activities planned and approved by the club. The main fundraiser will begin in September and continue until October.
- Advisor will conduct executive meetings with the officers at least once a month.
- Advisor will conduct committee/active council meetings with members at least once a month.
- Advisor will help to coordinate and attend the Region 16 Officer’s Dinner held in October.
- Advisor will attend the State Leadership Workshop (SLW) held in November.
- Advisor will plan, coordinate, and attend the Regional Leadership Conference (RLW) held in November.
- Advisor will plan, coordinate, and attend the Regional Leadership Conference (RLC) held in January, the State Leadership Conference (SLC) held in April, and possibly the National Leadership Conference (NLC) held in June.
- Advisor will prepare students with career and leadership skills needed to attend and compete at the regional, state, and national conferences.
- Advisor will assist PA FBLA State President and Region 16 Treasurer (Hazleton Area students) with various specific duties and responsibilities throughout the school year.
- Advisor will help coordinate the following projected activities:
- September – Organize the membership drive; Conduct fundraiser in order to cover the cost of state and national dues, the annual awards banquet, t-shirts, and contributions to the state project (Donate Life PA).
- October – Attend Region 16 Officers’ Dinner; Attend and assist with PA FBLA presentation at the Governor Casey Organ Donation Advisory Committee Meeting in Camp Hill, PA
- November – Attend the PA FBLA Executive Committee Meeting and State Leadership Workshop at Penn State University; Attend/assist with Region 16 Leadership Workshop; Participate in PA FBLA Board of Director’s online meeting.
- December – Assist with the planning of the Regional Leadership Conference at Luzerne County Community College and start preparing students for their competitive events.
- January – Attend the Region 16 Leadership Conference at Luzerne County Community College; Attend the PA FBLA Board of Director’s/Executive Committee meeting in Hershey, PA to discuss and vote on various policies.
- February/March – Prepare students to compete at the upcoming State Leadership Conference.
- April – Attend the PA FBLA Executive Committee Meeting/State Leadership Conference at Hershey Convention Center in Hershey, PA; Honor all HAHS/HACC/ STEM/9th Grade Center secretaries for National Secretaries Day.
- May – Annual Awards Banquet; elect new local officers for the 2015-2016 school year; attend the PA FBLA Board of Director’s meeting in Hershey, PA to discuss and vote on various policies.
- June – Possibly attend National Leadership Conference in Chicago, IL.
- Advisor will perform any other work necessary to have a successful FBLA program.
For more information about the Hazleton Area Chapter of FBLA, please check out the FBLA link under the Clubs section of the Hazleton Area High School website.