Mr. Richard TihanskyEmail: email@example.comPhone: (570) 459-3221 ext. 82636Cooperative Education Coordinator
Cooperative education programs permit the student to be released from the school campus to work part-time or full-time for an employer. The student will report to the assigned job, which is referred to as the student’s Training Site. The student/employee always represents the school district and is expected to demonstrate professional qualities of responsibility, dependability, ethical behavior, and maturity while performing tasks for the employer. The purpose of cooperative education programs is to provide the student with competencies developed through paid, supervised, on-the-job training related to an occupational goal.
BENEFITS OF COOPERATIVE EDUCATION FOR THE EMPLOYER:
• Actively develop your future pipeline of talent.
• Provides a supplemental workforce.
• Generates a workforce with in-demand employability skills.
• Reduces employer training costs.
• Increase your company’s visibility in the community.
• Increases workplace satisfaction among mentoring employees.
• Acts to improve the community through a successful economy.