RESOURCES FOR REVIEW AND ENRICHMENT
1.***NEW!!!...FREE RESPONSE QUESTIONS TO PRACTICE. These match last year's style but will still be useful practice. They are organized by Units. Includes questions and scoring guides so you can prep properly.
(This is probably the best way to prepare for the exam. Time yourself...should take 25 minutes for question 1 style and 15 minutes for the second (question 4 style from past exams).Type or write your answer (whichever you plan to do for actual exam) then check the scoring. Email me if you do not understand anything in the explanations!)
2. ****NEW!!!! Very User Friendly Review Document organized by Units and broken down by types so you can choose your preference for each topic!
3. UPDATED INFO ON 2021 EXAM:
Test Fees must be sent to Mrs. Ernst at the STEM. $95 full fee ($53 reduced fee).
- You may use a four-function (with square root), scientific, or graphing calculator on the exam. However, students will need to bring their own calculator because the digital testing application does not include one.
- As a reminder, students will answer all multiple-choice questions and type all free-response answers directly in the digital exam application. Scratch paper is permitted for notes or planning, but students cannot handwrite or otherwise upload responses. The free-response questions won’t require students to draw diagrams, charts, or complicated mathematical expressions.
- As a reminder, students cannot go back to questions they’ve already answered, and cannot skip ahead.
- However, free-response questions will each be presented in multiple parts, and students will answer each part on a separate screen. They may move among the parts of the question currently being answered, with the Back and Next buttons. Once they’ve entered their response to the last part of a question, they won’t be able to go back to any part of that question.
- Exam directions and section-specific directions will not be read by a proctor–they’ll appear entirely in the application. Students will see them at the beginning of each section, and can access them at any time during the exam. Please note that the exam timer starts when the directions appear. While students should read the directions, they should be aware that the timer will be running while they do so. Teachers and students can view the full text of the exam and section directions in advance of the exam.
4. VERY GOOD COMPLETE DOCUMENT FOR 2019-2020 AP EXAM PREP--organized by unit with links to key concepts and practice questions:
5. GREAT MODULE ON TIPS FOR WRITING FREE RESPONSES:
6.SLIDES WITH LINKS TO VIDEOS AND RESOURCES FOR EACH UNIT (organized by AP BIO curriculum):
- UNIT 1--CHEMISTRY OF LIFE
- UNIT 2-CELL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONS
- UNIT 3--CELLULAR ENERGETICS
- UNIT 4--CELL COMMUNICATION AND CELL CYCLE
- UNIT 5- HEREDITY
- UNIT 6–GENE EXPRESSION & REGULATION
7. AP CENTRAL LINK TO DAILY TOPIC VIDEOS:
8. APsolute RecAP APP...great app for review:
9. Mr. W's AP Learning Site
Registration code: hazcougars
I have created a class (AP bioi) so you can use the resources and quizzes. When we returen, I can assign specific quizzes but for now, please use it on your own.
He also has a nice plan to get a 4 or 5 over the next 6 weeks:
10. BOZEMAN AP BIO:
Great site! Much more than you realize....videos on evey topic, labs, tips on test taking, and links to resources.
11. AP CLASSROOM:
I have opened progress checks for unit 4 and 5. Both FRQ and MC are open since we need work on our FRQ. Please keep up with them so you stay in 'AP style question' shape. The exam will be testing thought process and scientific thinking more than memorized content so the more questions you see, the better you will do. Besides progress check, you can use what is available to your account from AP Central and watch the videos they post.
*****UNIT FOUR PROGRESS CHECKS ARE NOW OPEN UNTIL APRIL 8. MULTIPLE CHOICE ARE OPEN AS ALWAYS. I also opened FRQ. You can try to submit online or just look at them and write your replies on paper. Once the assignment closes, let me know if you can see scoring. If not, I will provide you with the scoring.
12. Five Steps to a Five:
McGraw Hill has made their "Five Steps to a Five" materials free until the end of this crisis. Click on the link and scroll down to find the AP Bio code. Tons of resources and materials available to you. Interactive practice tests, etc....
13. VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS ...since we missed out :(
14. MARCH MAMMAL MADNESS:
AND THE WINNER IS .......EMMA MARTOCCIO!!!!
STAY TUNED!!! THERE IS MUCH MORE TO COME....