Culinary Arts Code of Conduct
Rules and Procedures
- Keep a positive attitude!
- Treat your peers, instructor, property and equipment with respect at all times.
- Absolutely no horseplay will be permitted.
- Be here unless ill. (Employers want to see a good attendance record!)
- Students are expected to take notes, retain recipes and handouts to study for tests.
- Students must have a binder.
- Come to class prepared, at all times, which means with computer, pencil, pen and notebook.
- Store all electronics off and in your backpack including cell phones. Students will be given one cell phone warning. Upon second infraction students will be referred to the assistant principal.
- Absolutely no headphones allowed in class.
- Store backpacks in locker room.
- Clean your workstation as you go.
- Water is the only beverage allowed in class and the only food allowed in class is what we prepare.
- Students will only consume food prepared in class with instructor permission. No eating or drinking anything without instructor consent.
- Tasting during cooking is allowed only with tasting spoons.
- Student groups must only use ingredient amounts allotted to them in recipes. Recipes ingredients must be adhered to unless otherwise directed.
- Do not throw food away until you have checked with your instructor.
- Cleaning is a part of cooking and a part of every student’s grade.
- All utensils and dishes must be cleaned and put away properly before the end of class.
- If you don’t know how to use a piece of equipment- ASK
- Always return equipment to the proper storage spot. If you don’t know- ASK
- Clean up must be done before students can leave.
- Students will not be permitted to remove food from classroom.
Please understand that I do not expect anyone to be perfect, mistakes are how we learn. I do expect everyone to put forth 100% effort. Careless mistakes are unacceptable.
My goals include student learning, student enjoyment, student productivity, student responsibility, and student accountability.
Every student is expected to be engaged in the daily activity.
Repercussions: I have high expectations of you following all classroom and lab rules.
- First warning. Your actions must cease immediately.
- Written warning. You will be given a referral and you will be sent out of the class. You will not return until a parent or guardian can be reached. Harassment of any kind, cheating on quizzes, tests, finals, plagiarism and/or stealing will go straight to a written warning.
Anyone of these actions in conjunction with harassment of any sort can result in a loss of points, privileges, immediate removal from program, failing grade and/or loss of credits.