Class Participation, Homework, Class Work: 30%
- BE ON TIME! Students are expected to arrive before or at the bell.
- BE ATTENTIVE! Student behavior in class and during all class activities will affect the grade. NO CELL PHONES or HEADPHONES.
- BE ORGANIZED! Students must keep all handouts and other materials.
- There will be assignments given at the teacher’s discretion.
- Teams will be utilized to keep students up to date with the course schedule.
- If a student is absent, he or she is responsible for making up any missed material for the day. A 0 will be placed in the grade book until the work is made up.
- Given at teacher’s discretion and will be announced.
- This is one category in Skyward (Test). Quizzes and tests will have a specific point total. For example, the quiz for a chapter may be out of 30 points and the test may be out of 70 points.
- Most chapters will have one quiz and one test.
- Quizzes and tests will consist of multiple choice, open responses, and essays.
- If absent, the quiz or test must be made up within three days.
Writing Prompts/Projects: 30%
- Each theme will have a corresponding writing assignment. This writing assignment can be a four-five-page argumentative paper, article or primary source analysis, or a project that demonstrates your understanding of the content.
- Tasks will be assigned at the beginning of each theme with a mandatory due date.
- Failure to turn in papers, projects, or other writing assignments on the assigned due date will result in an automatic deduction of 10 points per day. NO assignment will be accepted after the third late day.
Midterm/Final Exam: 10%
- At the end of the quarter, you will be given an exam to determine your knowledge of the content.
- You will be given a review and multiple days’ notice before the testing day. It will contain both multiple choice and open-response questions.
- If absent for the exam day, the student is responsible for making up the exam on the scheduled make-up day!
NOTE: Any form of academic dishonesty on any assignments will result in a “0” for that assignment and notification to your parent/guardian.