Class Participation, Homework, Class work: 25%
- BE ON TIME! Students are expected to arrive before or at the bell.
- BE ATTENTIVE! Student behavior in class and during all class activities will affect the grade. NO CELL PHONES or HEADPHONES.
- BE ORGANIZED! Students must keep all handouts and other materials. A folder system will be utilized in class to aid in organization.
- There will be assignments given at the teacher’s discretion.
- If a student is absent, he or she is responsible for making up any missed material for the day. A 0 will be placed in the grade book until the work is made up. All missing work will be due no later than three days after the day the student missed.
- Given at teacher’s discretion and will be announced.
- Quizzes will consist of multiple choice and/or open-response questions. Quizzes can also be in-class projects or assignments.
- If absent, it is the student’s responsibility to make up the quiz within three days.
- Assessments are given at the end of each chapter containing both multiple choice and open-response questions. All tests will be announced at least two days in advance.
- If absent, it is the student’s responsibility to make up the test within three days.
Writing Assignments/Projects 30%
- Each theme will have a corresponding writing assignment. This writing assignment can be a four-five page argumentative paper, article or primary source analysis, or a project that demonstrates your understanding of the content.
- Tasks will be assigned at the beginning of each theme with a mandatory due date.
- Failure to turn in a Performance Task on the assigned due date will result in an automatic deduction of 10 points per day. NO assignment will be accepted after the third late day
Midterm/Final Exam: 20%
- At the end of the second and fourth quarter, you will be given an exam to determine your knowledge of the content.
- You will be given a review and multiple days’ notice before the testing day. It will contain both multiple choice and open-response questions.
- If absent for the exam day, the student is responsible for making up the exam on the scheduled make-up day!
NOTE: Any form of academic dishonesty on any assignments will result in a “0” for that assignment and notification to your parent/guardian.