Student Council is a middle school club.
Students in 7th and 8th grade who attend Heights Terrace Middle School are encouraged to join.
Advisors: Mary Lou Marino-Carsia and Catherine Carrell
Students are selected based on the following criteria:
- Students must have an interest in learning about student government and leading fellow students in school activities.
- Students must have and maintain an 80% overall average and an 78% in each class.
- The students must attend meetings and participate in community service activities.
- The students must have 3 teachers who they have had in previous grades sign a Student Council recommendation form as a reference.
- The students must write an essay, stating why they want to be on Student Council and what qualities they have to offer that make them an asset to the council.
- Student Council runs every year from the start of the school year until the end of the school year.
- Meetings occur after school, they run from 2:45-3:15 (depending on the agenda). The students also participate in activities outside of the school community that take place in different locations at different times.
*Please note that any suspensions will result in termination from Student Council as these students are role models for the school community.